Trim Healthy Mama – Monthly Meal Plan

wood-2142310_1280

I’ve been following the Trim Healthy Mama plan loosely for about a year and a half. In that time I lost 40+ pounds, kicked infertility in the butt, and got my hormones under control. At the end of my pregnancy, though, I became reeeaaallly uncomfortable and way too tired to stick with it 100%.
Next time I plan on preparing on-plan freezer meals for the third trimester and post-delivery.

Baby is here now, I’ve recovered from childbirth, and I’m on the mend from some long-term complications. It’s the perfect time to buckle down and get serious.
I recommitted to THM last Monday, and I’m already down 5.4 pounds. You read that right. 5.4 pounds in 4 days. Obviously this pace won’t keep up, but I’m enjoying it while it lasts!

I’m the type who can’t succeed at anything without a 10-bullet, in-depth plan, so this morning I sat down and wrote out EXACTLY what I will eat every day in May. This will keep me from falling off the wagon if something comes up – I’ll be prepared!

Here’s my plan (with links & page numbers!) that I’ll be following in the next month. This includes a mix of old and new recipes from both the cookbook and Pinterest. Variety keeps me committed! Feel free to share or pin this post to look back on for inspiration as you head into another brand new month.

My personal health & fitness goals for May:

-Lose 15 pounds
-Stay on plan the entire month (no cheats.)
-Meet my daily step goal (10,000 steps.)
-Join the YMCA
-Start a swim/run routine five days a week.

It’s a lot to accomplish, but there’s a wonderful THM support group on Facebook who will keep me accountable.

Here’s the plan…

May 1st
Breakfast: Chocolate Waffles & Strawberries (E) pg 265
Lunch: Pizza in a Bowl (S)
Snack: Wasa Crackers & Laughing Cow Cheese (FP)
Dinner: Cheeseburger Pie (S) pg 149
Dessert: No-Bake Pumpkin Bites (S)

May 2nd
Breakfast: French Toast Casserole (S)
Lunch: Chicken Fried Rice (E)
Snack: Briana’s Chocolate Chip Cookies (S)
Dinner: Cowboy Grub (E) pg 59

May 3rd
Breakfast: Chocolate Waffles & Strawberries (E) pg 265
Lunch: Nacho Stuffed Peppers (S) pg 142
Snack: Wasa Crackers & Laughing Cow Cheese (FP)
Dinner: Chicken Fajita Casserole (S)
Dessert: Briana’s Chocolate Chip Cookies (S)

May 4th
Breakfast: French Toast Casserole (S)
Lunch: Quinoa Goes Cajun (E) pg 69
Snack: No-Bake Pumpkin Bites (S)
Dinner: Blackened Chicken with Mango and Black Beans (E) pg 66

May 5th
Breakfast:  Sweet Dreams PB & J Oatmeal (E) pg 248
Lunch: Buffalo Chicken Crescents (S)
Snack: Peanutty Fudge (S) pg 388
Dinner: Black Bean Quesadillas (E)

May 6th
Breakfast: Sweet Dreams Cookie Bowl Oatmeal (FP) pg 249
Lunch: Quinoa Goes Cajun (E) pg 69
Snack: Peanutty Fudge (S) pg 388
Dinner: Chicken Alfredo (S) pg 67

May 7th
Breakfast: Sweet Dreams PB&J Oatmeal (E) pg 248
Lunch: Pizza in a Bowl (S)
Snack: Wasa Crackers & Laughing Cow Cheese (FP)
Dinner: Creamy Pasta Bake (S)

May 8th
Breakfast: Cry No More Brownies (S) pg 314
Lunch: Tuna Salad with Greek Yogurt & Apples (E)
Snack: Pizza in a Bowl (S)
Dinner: Slim Sloppy Joes (E) pg 63

May 9th
Breakfast: Chocolate Breakfast Cookies (E)
Lunch: Buffalo Chicken Crescents (S)
Snack: Loaded Fotato Soup (FP) pg 117
Dinner: Taco Salad (S)
Dessert: Secret Silk Pie (S) pg 330

May 10th
Breakfast: Chocy Nut Crockpot Oatmeal (E) pg 257
Lunch: Chicken Chicken Bang Bang (S) pg 77
Snack: Secret Silk Pie (S) pg 330
Dinner: Salisbury Steak (S) pg 174

May 11th
Breakfast: Apple Cinnamon Crockpot Oatmeal (E) pg 256
Lunch: Nacho Stuffed Peppers (S) pg 142
Snack: Strawberry Muffin (FP) pg 281
Dinner: Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole (S)

May 12th
Breakfast: Pancakes, Bacon & Eggs (S)
Lunch: Taco Salad (S)
Snack: Strawberry Muffin (FP) pg 281
Dinner: rehearsal dinner

May 13th
Breakfast: French Toast Casserole  (S)
Lunch: Tuna Salad with Greek Yogurt (E)
Snack: Volcano Mudslide Muffin (S) pg 274
Dinner: wedding

May 14th
Breakfast: Chocolate Nut Crunch Granola (E) pg 255
Lunch: baby dedication
Snack: Choc Skinny Chip Muffin (S) pg 279
Dinner: Philly Cheeseteak Casserole (S)

May 15th
Breakfast: French Toast in a Bowl (S) pg 266
Lunch: Quinoa Goes Cajun (E) pg 166
Snack: Chocolate Banana Muffins (E) pg 283
Dinner: Cajun Cream Chicken (S) pg 36

May 16th
Breakfast: Luscious Lemon Cake (S) pg 289
Lunch: Slim Sloppy Joes (E) pg 63
Snack: Chocolate Banana Muffins (E)
Dinner: Enchilada Wonder Casserole (S) pg 145

May 17th
Breakfast: Pineapple Upside Down Cake (E) pg 290
Lunch: Avo Bacon Noodle Toss (S) pg 81
Snack: Peanut Puff Cake (S) pg 292
Dinner: Cowboy Grub (E) pg 59
Dessert: Salted Caramel Pudding (FP) pg 351

May 18th
Breakfast: Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake (S)
Lunch: Sweet Potato Bar (E) pg 166
Snack: Salted Caramel Pudding (FP)
Dinner: Buttah Chicken (S) pg 49

May 19th
Breakfast: Salted Caramel Pudding (FP)
Lunch: Pizza in a Bowl (S)
Snack: Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake (S)
Dinner: on the road

May 20th-21st
vacation (on plan options at chalet)
fast food options: grilled chicken salad or burger in Joseph’s pita

May 22nd
Breakfast: Trimtastic Chocolate Zucchini Cake (S) pg 296
Lunch: Chicken Fried Rice (E)
Snack: Cobbler in a Jar (S) pg 335
Dinner: Creamy Pasta Bake (S)

May 23rd
Breakfast: Trimtastic Chocolate Zucchini Cake (S)
Lunch: Quinoa Goes Cajun (E) pg 69
Snack: Wasa Crackers & Laughing Cow Cheese (FP)
Dinner: Wipe Your Mouth Barbecue (E) pg 43

May 24th
Breakfast: Chocolate Waffles & Strawberries (E) pg 265
Lunch: Nacho Stuffed Peppers (S) pg 142
Snack: Trimtastic Chocolate Zucchini Cake (S)
Dinner: Pot Roast with radishtoes & gravy (S) pg 50
Dessert: Orange Sherbet Freeze (FP) pg 359

May 25th
Breakfast: Chocolate Monkey Crepes (E) pg 267
Lunch: Curry in a Hurry Soup (S) pg 112
Snack: Apple Cinnamon Swirl Muffin (E) pg 280
Dinner: Chicken Parmy (S) pg 161

May 26th
Breakfast: Volcano Mud Slide Muffin (S) pg 274
Lunch: Bean Boss Soup (E) pg 109
Snack: Mocha Gluccie Pudding (FP) pg 351
Dinner: Enchilada Wonder Casserole (S) pg 145

May 27th
Breakfast: Chocolate Monkey Crepes (E) pg 267
Lunch: Buffalo Chicken Crescents (S)
Snack: Cookie Bowl Oatmeal (FP) pg 249
Dinner: Chicken Alfredo (S) pg 67

May 28th
Breakfast: PB&J Oatmeal (E) pg 248
Lunch: Spicy Chicken Wings (S) 164
Snack: Mocha Gluccie Pudding (FP) pg 351
Dinner: Lazy Lasagna (S) pg 140

May 29th
Breakfast: French Toast in a Bowl (S) pg 266
Lunch: Tuna Salad with Greek Yogurt (E)
Snack: Tummy Tucking Ice Cream (FP) pg 363
Dinner: Chicken Pot Pie (S) pg 137

May 30th
Breakfast: Frosted Cinnamon Muffin (S) pg 276
Lunch: Cheesy Dream Soup (FP) pg 119
Snack: No-Bake Cookies (S) pg 316
Dinner: Egg Roll in a Bowl (E) pg 62

May 31st
Breakfast: Brainy Blueberry Muffin (S) pg 275
Lunch: Quinoa Goes Cajun (E) pg 69
Snack: Tummy Spa Ice Cream (FP) pg 361
Dinner: Cheeseburger Pie (S) pg 174

If you don’t have the cookbook yet, you can buy it on Amazon and have it in your hands within a few days!
Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook: Eat Up and Slim Down with More Than 350 Healthy Recipes

(This post may contain affiliate links. This means that I’ll receive a small commission from any purchases made through my blog at no extra cost to you. Please know that I only promote products that I love.)
Readers: what are your health and fitness goals for May?
How do you plan on accomplishing them? Leave your answers in the comment below. I look forward to reading them!

GOUNELLE

50 Comments Add yours

1. Amy Savoy says:

Thank you so much! I’m only a month into the program so this helps me tremendously. I will go shopping this week to also plan these meals. I love every single one, sounds like no diet to me. Plus I’ll know I’m on plan with these meals. Thanks again!

1. That’s what I love about THM – you don’t feel restricted at all!
      Yesterday I remember thinking, “Man I’m not hungry at all, I guess I’m not gonna see a lower number on the scale tomorrow.” What a terrible mindset! I’m so, so thankful for a plan where we can eat plenty delicious food multiple times a day and still succeed. Good luck on your health journey! ❤️

2. Lena says:

I’m trying to pi this menu but it won’t let me. Help

1. Hi, Lena! There should be a Pinterest icon at the bottom of this post that you can click on.

3. Mary Elizabeth says:

Thank you so much for compiling this! I appreciate you sharing your hard work with the rest of us. I will be out of the country for part of the month but hope to stick with this menu for the rest of the month. I didn’t notice that you planned for any “leftover” meals, however. Since it’s only my husband and I, we tend to have leftovers a couple of days/week. So, I’ll have to adjust the menu some to allow for this. Thanks again!

1. Ah, you aren’t the first person to bring up leftovers!
      My sweet husband always eats our leftovers when he gets home from work (about 3pm) to tide him over until dinner, so I don’t really plan for those. ☺️
      Eating them will definitely save you money though! Good luck with your travels!

4. Darlene says:

I am starting the plan on May 1st so this is perfect for me, especially since I am still reading the book.

1. I know it can be a little confusing at first. Thankfully we have an incredible support group, right? ☺️

5. Jackie Hudson says:

Yes thank you so much.. this helps me tremendously… Used to be on it you got off of it because of unemployment… I’m trying to get back onto it so this helps me you have something planned out which I could do it I just don’t have the time it seems to be thank you again for sharing allowing us to use your plan

1. No problem! I wish you the best of luck with getting back on plan. I believe in you more than you believe in yourself. ☺️

6. Janet Massey says:

I am going to try this. I have such a hard time sticking with the plan but with it all written down for me , I will do it.

1. It’s incredible what a difference having a plan can make. You’ve got this! 💪🏼

7. Annie says:

Thank you. I’m going to give it a go. I think you’re right: planning is key.

1. You got this! 💪🏼

8. Kristin says:

Thank you SO MUCH for this. I’m just trying to psych myself up to try this but my head is spinning. Thank YOU for spelling this all out and making it seem doable for an overwhelmed newbie.

Also thank you for your transparency in your own goal setting and journey!

1. You are so welcome! I’m glad I could be a help to ya.

9. Alisha Ralston says:

You wouldn’t happen to have made a grocery shopping list for this??! That would be awesome! I’m hoping to stick this for the month of May! Thanks for putting all this effort into it.

1. I’m working on a grocery list right now! I probably won’t have it ready by May 1st but it’ll be useful for the rest of the month regardless. ☺️

You got this, girl!

1. Alisha Ralston says:

Would you please let me know when you get the shopping list finished? I would love to use it! Thanks!

10. Danny Lowery says:

My wife and I have been trying this, since it is written out for a whole month it appears easier. I tried the fast metabolism diet and last 25 lbs. the first month, 60 lbs altogether. Eating a lot of spinach and asparagus caused gout. I’m sure it will be easier since someone took the time to do that.

1. Congratulations on your weight loss! 60 pounds really is impressive! Let me know how this plan works for you…hopefully it’ll be smooth sailing from here.

11. Lori says:

I could really use a support group. How to join?

1. Hey, Lori!
      You can click “support group” in the post and it’ll take you straight to the Facebook group. Just hit “join.” ☺️

12. Katie McKellips says:

How do you meal prep for the month? Or do you just make the meals daily?

1. I usually make them daily but freezer prep the ones I can.

13. Moe says:

What do the letters mean at the end of each meal (e), (s)?
    Thankd Moe

1. E: energizing & S: Satisfying. The THM book explains everything. ☺️

14. Melia says:

I have a question about the Creamy Pasta Bake on May 7th. It doesn’t appear to be THM, how did you modify it? Does it have enough protein?

1. Yes! Use dreamfields pasta instead of regular.

15. Pam says:

I have a book that is about 3 yrs old. When I look for these recipes on the listed pages, I’m not finding them (even in the recipe index). Is there a new book out?

1. Yes! There’s a link to the new cookbook in this post. ☺️

16. Thank you so much for putting this together!! I have been procrastinating on losing the last 60-80lbs (I’ve lost 200 via other means) and a big part of that is the agony of what to eat??!! I will be following along with you throughout May. I won’t be joining the “Y” but plan on walking and perhaps following a fitness ap at home. Will you be doing this plan monthly? ever consider starting a paid subscription plan for people like me, who love to cook but hate to plan??

1. Wow! Congratulations on your weight loss, that’s incredible!

The plan is to do this monthly absolutely free.

1. Well consider me a dedicated follower !!

17. Jackie says:

I am 2 weeks into the plan. Thank you for the menu. The French toast casserole was yummy, but it seemed like an E not an S to me and the narrative at the recipe site said E. Am I misunderstanding something? How will this affect the routine for the rest of the day?

1. Oops! Thanks for catching that. I’ll be sure to change it.
      You can swap the E lunch for an S lunch. ☺️

18. Julie says:

Hi Tiffany. How postpartum were you when you started back on THM? I am 5 weeks PP and trying to decide when to start again. I’m still in the throes of newborn lack of sleep and chasing a toddler but ready to get back on track. Thank you!

1. Hey, Julie! I was 2 months PP.
      I had a massive blood clot that took my ability to walk the first few months after birth, so I pretty much lived on whatever I could find in the pantry! So glad to be back on THM.
      You can do this!! ❤

2. I know it can be overwhelming with a newborn (and a toddler on top of that, wow!) but there are many, MANY women in the THM facebook groups who are juggling this plan and young children! Are you a member of the pregnant and nursing THM group?

1. Julie says:

I did not know there was a preg/nursing THM group! I will need to find it! Thanks!

19. april brumm says:

the french toast casserole is an E. just making sure you caught that. thanks for putting this together. can’t wait to do the first few days

1. Yes, you’re the second person to point that out. Thanks for reminding me to change it. 🙂

20. Your blog is beautiful, Tiffany! I hope you continue to get more traffic because I can tell you are working hard at it. Thanks for the menu!

1. You’re sweet! Thank you.

21. Heather says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! This meal plan is exactly what I need! I work the same way, need to have it all planned out before I start. This saves me soooo much time and grueling hours trying to pick everything out (I’m not very decisive so imagine the torment I put myself through!). Please post more monthly meal plans! Love this!!!

1. I’m glad you found this so helpful! There will be more monthly meal plans in the future. ☺️

22. Paula Yaussi says:

Thank you so much for this! I simply have no time or energy to plan a whole month! This will help me get back at it and get back off what I’ve already taken off and more!